GD Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GD Productions

A Forum for GD Productions

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Megan's Fundraiser

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackie
Supreme Hobbit

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/2/2009, 7:52 pm

He we discuss reading of any kind

Last edited by Jackie on 4/4/2009, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://gdproductions.forumotion.com
liz
The Underworld King

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: A Reading for Megan   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/4/2009, 3:59 pm

I think Megan's fundraising thing ends sometime this year, so waiting till next season would maybe not be an option. This doesn't have to be a big scene, or anything, and really the work would be on Jess and me finding a space that will be willing to get us in for free (since it's a charity thinger). We could take play submission-runner-ups or something from this and the next reading for it, and organize it for one night somewhere in the middle of the season. It's really not that big a deal, and it would really help her out.
Back to top Go down
Tony
Benny the Silly American

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Meagen's Reading   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/4/2009, 4:28 pm

I think we can do it, but like I said, I'd really like for us to have everything secure with the other shows before we start looking into this. Worse comes to worst, I'm sure we could even use Jackie's reading as the fundraiser, but we do need the logistics settled with all the shows first before considering moving forward.
Back to top Go down
JHendricks
Benny the Silly American

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/4/2009, 5:39 pm

What's left? Jackie's play and the PP?
Back to top Go down
Tony
Benny the Silly American

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/4/2009, 6:08 pm

Not quite. We still need to figure out everything for UK, including insurance, board, and all of the remaining logistics; then the two readings and pro.pro. Once we have everything settled, we can then look into it. I just want us to finish what we set out to do in the best way that we can-that is not saying that I don't think we can do more, just that we do have our priorities. Settle everything first, then we will talk about it. I know it won't be hard to pull together, and that's why I want us to concentrate on what will be.
Back to top Go down
liz
The Underworld King

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/5/2009, 2:05 am

Okay, I agree. Can't plan for more than we can handle. But the everything for UK is almost settled, really the only things needed are a solid budget and insurance (both of which can get done as soon as I get more information). The first reading is taken care of, I'm calling the lady on Monday to solidify everything in the plans. The second reading is too far off to plan, though I think if things go smoothly at Banana Factory, we can talk to them there. Really the biggest deal is Prometh at this point, and I think that's just mostly finding a space and gettin advertising out there. So let's get that shit settled ASAP, and then take care of this Megan business.

The only reason I'm pushin for it is cuz she'd like ta know if we can help, and I don't have much to tell her right now. Thass all. I'm gonna tell her that we're working on it, and that it's looking good. Cool?
Back to top Go down
Tony
Benny the Silly American

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/5/2009, 3:40 am

Very cool. In fact, you can simply tell her that it's a go, that she will have the proceeds to one of our readings; because she will. The question is whether it be its own event or we donate the proceeds from one of our planned readings. We can talk about it as a whole about which route to take once we're together, but you can tell her that she has our help! YARR!!!

BTW, watch "Life as a House" if you haven't already, because one day...
Back to top Go down
liz
The Underworld King

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/7/2009, 2:47 am

I told her that we're gonna do our best to give her a reading, as long as we get our business worked out first. She says her money deadline is in november sometime, so we have a little while to work things out.
She also says that if we need help with anything, she'd be willing to help brainstorm for a space. Which is nice of her, but I was hoping we could maybe coax Touchstone or Banana Factory to giving us a space for free one night. I guess that depends on how well things work out.
Back to top Go down
liz
The Underworld King

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/7/2009, 2:49 am

I said the phrase "Work out" FAR too much.
Back to top Go down
Tony
Benny the Silly American

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/7/2009, 3:55 am

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Tony
Benny the Silly American

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/7/2009, 3:56 am

Also, I like that you, liz, are Sarah the Monster...because you were.
Back to top Go down
JHendricks
Benny the Silly American

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/10/2009, 3:40 am

Liz - did you email Megan yet?
Back to top Go down
liz
The Underworld King

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/10/2009, 12:11 pm

Yeah, did you read my post like four thingers ago?
I told her we're working on it, but we need to iron out other stuff first
Back to top Go down
JHendricks
Benny the Silly American

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime4/10/2009, 12:48 pm

ah ha.. my eyes with this forum are great!

alright. I was just wondering. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Megan's Fundraiser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan's Fundraiser   Megan's Fundraiser I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megan's Fundraiser
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GD Productions :: Artistic STUFF :: Ideas for Projects-
Jump to: